Childbirth education at The Bowen Center gives you tools that will enable you to give birth in the manner that you choose. You and your partner develop strategies for coping and physical ease during your labor and birth.
Topics that are explored during class include:
- Comfort measures for your labor and birth whether medicated or unmedicated
- Nutrition and body mechanics
- Medications and interventions
- Breathing, relaxation, visualization, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy
- Communication tools and options
- Hospital policies and procedures
- Informed consent/informed refusal
The curriculum includes tools and knowledge Doulas (professional labor support) use when supporting women and their partners during labor whether medicated or unmedicated.
Childbirth Education Class Series:
Classes are two hours each and held once a week for five weeks, breastfeeding on week five. Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm
Breastfeeding class can be taken with the series which is included in the above fee or as a stand alone class. One night, two hour class if you choose to take it without the childbirth classes.
Refresher Childbirth Education:
Need a refresher for a subsequent labor and birth? We offer a one night, two hour class that will bring you up to date about hospital policies and answer any questions you may have about medicated or un-medicated labor and birth.
Please make all checks payable to The Bowen Center for Women's Health.
2013 Class Dates
(all underlined dates indicate Breastfeeding Class)
- January 8, 15, 22, 29, Feb. 5
- March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 2
- May 7, 14, 21, 28, June 4
- July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- September 3, 10, 17, 24, Oct. 1
- November 5, 12, 19, 26, Dec. 3
For more information, registration form or questions:
Class information is also available in the office along with the registration forms.