Childbirth education at The Bowen Center gives you tools that will enable you to give birth in the manner that you choose.
Childbirth education at The Bowen Center gives you tools that will enable you to give birth in the manner that you choose. You and your partner develop strategies for coping and physical ease during your labor and birth.
Topics that are explored during class include:
- Comfort measures for your labor and birth whether medicated or unmedicated
- Nutrition and body mechanics
- Medications and interventions
- Breathing, relaxation, visualization, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy
- Communication tools and options
- Hospital policies and procedures
- Informed consent/informed refusal
The curriculum includes tools and knowledge Doulas (professional labor support) use when supporting women and their partners during labor whether medicated or unmedicated.
Childbirth Education Class Series:
Classes are two hours each and held once a week for five weeks, breastfeeding on week five. Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm
Breastfeeding class can be taken with the series which is included in the above fee or as a stand alone class. One night, two hour class if you choose to take it without the childbirth classes.
Refresher Childbirth Education:
Need a refresher for a subsequent labor and birth? We offer a one night, two hour class that will bring you up to date about hospital policies and answer any questions you may have about medicated or un-medicated labor and birth.
Please make all checks payable to The Bowen Center for Women’s Health.
Childbirth Class Dates
* each class series runs for 5 consecutive weeks
- November (Tuesdays) 7, 14, 21, 28 and Dec. 5
- January (Tuesdays) 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- March (Tuesdays) 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3
- May (Wednesdays) 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- July (Tuesdays) 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- September (Tuesdays) 4, 11, 18, 25, Oct. 2
- November (Tuesdays) 6, 13, 20, 27, Dec. 4
Private Childbirth Education
Two classes are scheduled, each for 2 1/2 hours. Classes are scheduled with the instructor and are held with one, or at most, two couples at a time. This course is designed for those unable to attend a class series, those desiring a more private experience, or those with a prior birth experience wanting additional knowledge for a subsequent labor and birth. $200 (fee includes class materials)
For more information, registration form or questions:
Instructor: Jeannie Brigger (513) 368-9272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class information is also available in the office along with the registration forms.